We had a great quarterly meeting of the Colorado Carcinoid Cancer Support Group.
- There was some discussion of the value of CBD (the non-psychoactive part of marijuana). Some members are getting pain relief and perhaps other benefits such as sleep. A couple of members are also being treated with mushroom formulas from Chinese medicine.
- I talked about how Medicare had reversed my HMO’s denial of a referral to a specialist and how I had filed the appeal.
- Jeanne could not be at the meeting to talk about the Midwinter Conference. We do know that it is planned for February 6, 2016.
- We had planned to distribute the Healing NET Foundation booklet for physicians but it has not arrived yet. However, one of our members said that it can be downloaded from the website: Healing NET Healthcare Professional Resources. The name is “NET Primer for health care professionals”. We hope to get the shipment of booklets soon. I can distribute it from my home if anyone needs it. I plan for my oncologist’s office to have several copies.
- As we did last time, we went around the table and each described our journey with neuroendocrine cancer. This is moving and informative. I personally learn something every time. There is definitely great emotional benefit from being able to sit face-to-face with others who have the same disease and discuss the problems, symptoms, treatments, doctors and the good and the bad.
We all get so involved in the stories and discussion that the meeting lasted three hours. I am very grateful to be part of such a group.
Colorado Carcinoid Cancer Support Group – September 2015 was last modified: September 26th, 2015 by