Early in February, I decided to try Lance Armstrong’s LiveStrong organization for information on clinical trials in progress for carcinoid tumor or neuroendocrine tumors (NETs). Their rapid response, helpfulness and all around friendliness was amazing.
LIVESTRONG.org was founded by the Lance Armstrong Foundation which Lance founded after his famous battle with cancer to serve as an online resource for cancer survivors. It offers information and advice and help for the cancer survivor and loved ones.
They offer the following services and more:
- Free, confidential support through education, referrals and counseling services.
- Fertility preservation and information assistance.
- Financial, insurance, and job concern assistance.
- Counseling and local resources.
- Cancer diagnosis and treatment concerns assistance.
- Find clinical trials.
- Treatment decision support.
- Tools for the health care professional.
When you sign up with them, you get a free packet of information and guides to help you navigate through your cancer experience. I wish that I had contacted them earlier. We cannot do this alone. With help from organizations like LIVESTRONG.org, the cancer patient and their loved ones can find the road to cancer survivorship easier.
LIVESTRONG.org is supported by donations and by various events throughout the United States. I have twice been in the bicycling event during the Ride for the Roses in Austin, Texas which is held in October. There are rides, runs, walks, triathlons and fundraisers across the country. I encourage you to get help there and participate if you can.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2012 Cyril Ball