The EDM Masterclass that I took is still issuing challenges to students. This particular challenge asks you to make music using the selection of sounds on a sample pack track of sounds. The student has seven days to complete the challenge. Here is the sample pack track (patience, it is 6 minutes long)
- I did not realize it at the time there were 3 or 4 other tracks of vocals that we could use. Not knowing that, I made it more difficult than necessary.
- I intentionally made it more difficult by choosing not to use any other sounds or instruments that I had and by using only my Reaper DAW and the stock FX and free downloadable FX (no expensive plugins for me).
- The synths and bass and drums were all produced using waveforms from the Sample Pack in the free (really good) VSTi TX15Wx sampler or the Reaper stock VSTi ReaSamplOmatic5000.
- All wave editing was done in Reaper. All FX (delays, filters, EQ, compressor, flanger, chorus, reverb, etc.) used were either stock or free downloads.
- The lead and bass lines were developed using the Masterclass techniques.
Here it is:
This was quite a challenge but I am pretty happy with the result.